NORINCO VN1 8x8 wheeled armoured vehicle is a state-of-the-art product possessing sufficient payload capacity, outstanding mobility, reliable protection and comfortable interior.
The main weapon fitted on the baseline vehicle is a 30 mm automatic gun, but it can also be used as the loading platform for other weapons. The vehicle can be easily retrofitted as a command vehicle, a rescue vehicle or an ambulance, etc.
- 8x8 all-wheel drive, independent suspension system and axles with differential locks enable the vehicle to deliver excellent cross-country performance
- The water-cooled diesel engine DEUTZ BF6M1015CP and a mechanical transmission with synchronizer provide superior performance in tropical zones, deserts and plateaus
- Enhanced survivability provided by the collective NBC protection system and automatic fire extinguishing system
- Made of high hardness armour steel, the hull and the turret offer effective protection for the vehicle
- Excellent amphibious characteristics and a swimming speed of up to 8 km/h
- Run flat tyre liners allow the vehicle to continue its missions even with deflated tyres
- Central Tyre Inflation System can inflate (or deflate) the tyres and test the tyre pressure automatically
- A powerful air conditioner provides a comfortable environment for the crew
In 2008 it was revealed that China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) had started to market a new 8×8 wheeled Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) called the VN1. This was first shown in public in early 2009 during the IDEX International Defence Exhibition held in the United Arab Emirates.The model of the VN1 was shown fitted with a one person turret armed with a 30 mm cannon and 7.62 mm co-axial machine gun. This can be fitted with a NORINCO Red Arrow HJ-73D anti-tank guided weapon if required. During the parade held in Beijing on 1st October to mark the 60th Anniversary of China, a development of VN1 was shown for the first time under the designation of the ZBD-09.
- adoption of the 8x8 all-wheel driving configuration, independent suspension system and axles with differential lock enabling the vehicle to get excellent cross-country performance
- adoption of the water-cooled diesel engine DEUTZ BF6M1015CP and the mechanical transmission with the synchronizer affording superior performance in tropical zone, desert and plateau
- the collective NBC protection system, automatic fire extinguishing system enhancing survivability of the vehicle
- made of high hardness armor steel, the hull and turret offering effective protection performance for the vehicle
- excellent amphibious characteristics and a swimming speed of up to 8 km/h
- run flat tyres liners allowing vehicles to continue their missions, even with deflated tyres
- central tyre infation system can infate (or deflate) the tyres and test the tyre pressure automatically
- the powerful air conditioner providing comfortable environment for crew
- wheeled armoured personnel carrier
- wheeled armoured command vehicle
- wheeled armoured recovery vehicle