M 153 Protector CROWS II
|Manufacturer:||Kongsberg Defence & Aerospace AS|
|Name:||Remote controlled weapon station|
• PROTECTOR CROWS is designed for small and medium calibre weapons, and can be installed on any type of platform.
• Detached Line of Sight (DLOS) enables the gunner to keep his sights on target, independent of ballistic solution for the weapon/ammo in use.
• Fully stabilized system provides unmatched observation and engagement capabilities.
• Thermal Imager with dual field of view, autofocus and e-zoom.
• Color Daylight camera allows a wide field of view up to 45 degrees while observing, and more than 30 times optical magnifed close-up view of the target area when identifying and engaging a long distance target.
• The eye-safe Laser Range Finder provides extremely accurate range measurements, providing the PROTECTOR frst round on target capability.
• PROTECTOR with its DLOS is the ultimate solution for accurate operation of the 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGL).
• Incorporates a high volume ammo can & add-on armor for improved sensor and servo protection.
In August 2007 KONGSBERG was awarded the prestigious contract of CROWS II (Commonly Remotely Operated Weapon Station) by the US Army. CROWS is a joint acquisition program for weapon stations for the US Army vehicle programs.
PROTECTOR is based on the proven M151 PROTECTOR with more than 17 million hours of operation and more than 6 million hours in combat, and has extremely high reliability with a proven Operational Readiness Rate (ORR) of more than 99%.
More than 2,500 Systems have already been delivered world wide, and as of 2008 more than 7,000 additional units are covered under existing contracts. PROTECTOR has been selected or is already in service by the following nations; USA, Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, Great Britain, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Switzerland and France.
Qualifed for the Browning M2 (12,7mm), MK19 (40 mm Automatic Grenade Launcher), M240 (7,62mm) and M249 (5,56mm).