The WZT-3 Armoured Recovery Vehicles is logistically optimized vehicle to suit recovery requirements of the today battle fields. Derived from the T-72M1Z and PT-91 MBTs, together with PMC-90 AVLB, creates the family of vehicles with comparable performances very suitable for all common, combat operations.
It also features:
- high towing capability in any terrain
- high winch performance for recovering of stuck vehicles.
RANGE OF MISSIONS WZT-3
- Recovery of tracked vehicles
- Securing of tracked vehicles during river crossing operations
- Towing of tracked vehicles on and off roads
- electric cutting and welding jobs
- additional crane operations
- Recovery of MBTs under armour protection with rigid bars
- Short time piggyback transport of spare systems
- Re and defuelling of vehicles
- Wounded soldiers' evacuations
The ARV, using the same 850 horsepower diesel engine and transmission, has got equal mobility as the basic MBT.