|Product type:||Armoured Vehicles|
|Name:||Wheeled armoured personnel carrier|
Havoc is a multi-mission expeditionary ground combat vehicle that is an evolution of a combat-tested design used by armed forces globally. Highly mobile and protected, it is designed to move warfighters and payloads quickly and securely, on both land and at sea.
Many of the baseline vehicles’ configurations are used by militaries around the world performing a variety of missions, from peace keeping to direct combat operations. It’s already a popular platform because of its strengths:
- Proven — Based on a Patria 8x8 design, Havoc has over 1,200 baseline models delivered or on order in six countries, some of which deployed the vehicle for Afghanistan operations. The Havoc 8x8 is a low-risk, off-the-shelf solution for customers looking for modern platforms with experience to back it up.
- Modular — Havoc’s configuration allows for a wide range of weapons, sensors and communications options to fulfill evolving mission requirements. For example, its 12.3 cubic meters of interior space can carry 12 people or be reequipped to be a mobile medical unit or repair and recovery vehicle.
- Performance — Its torque-filled power pack and independent hydro-pneumatic suspension provide superior mobility at full combat weight, and its features give it full amphibious capability at sea state 2.
- Protected — A modular protection system defends against a variety of ballistic threats, from high blast force levels to large-caliber kinetic threats.
A proven platform with Lockheed Martin’s weapon, network and sensor integration experience, the Havoc 8x8 is ready to fulfill modern multirole expeditionary needs worldwide.
The 8x8 Armored Modular Vehicle is combat proven, saving lives in Afghanistan today. With over 1,200 vehicles on order in more than six countries, the 8x8 is protecting a wide range of warfighters deployed in both combat and peacekeeping missions. The modular ballistic protection system can protect against a variety of ballistic threats, from high blast force levels to large-caliber kinetic threats.
- Blast Protection — Options including STANAG 4a/4b
- Ballistic Protection — Add-on armor options including STANAG Level 4 (and beyond)
- CBRN — Overpressure and filtering
The 8x8's superior performance is proven, validated by over 1.2 million miles of operational and combat experience and 63,000 miles of independent customer testing.
The Havoc 8x8's high performance power pack and independent hydro-pneumatic suspension provides superior mobility at full combat weight. The 8x8 features expeditionary attributes giving it fully amphibious capabilities. It can swim at sea state 2 and negotiate inland water obstacles without any configuration changes. The 8x8 can combine the highest levels of protection with heavy weapon systems without degrading tactical and operational mobility.
The Havoc 8x8's design allows for a wide range of weapons, sensor and communications options to address evolving mission requirements.
Lockheed Martin brings advanced systems integration expertise integrating weapons, processing capability and C4 suites into various types of ground, air and marine vehicles. Our total system approach to vehicle missionization reduces crew workload and ensures warfighters remain connected on the battlefield.
Our team can ensure a high degree of availability. Designed with supportability in mind the AMV was built for ease of maintenance. This coupled with Lockheed Martin's award winning experience in managing performance-based logistics programs for ground platforms enables our team to offer increased system readiness, lower costs of ownership, and a reduced logistics footprint. The same commitment to supportability excellence is a hallmark of all our programs.
Four previous successful technology transfers underscore the proven low-risk process our team uses to transfer production capabilities to partner countries. Using Patria's unique process we ensure that vehicles built with our local partners maintain the same standards and operational capabilities as vehicles coming off the OEM line in Finland.
Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control brings proven vehicle program management capabilities that have resulted in superior on-time delivery, exceptional availability and customer-focused responsive support.