The Samson Dual is a dual-axis, gyro-stabilized RWS that simultaneously mounts two weapons. Developed originally to carry a 25-30mm lightweight weapon as main armament and 7.62mm secondary weapon for short range engagements, the Samson Dual enables multiple-threat handling in high-mobility scenarios. Much more robust then equivalent systems, the Samson Dual is also strong enough to incorporate an ATGM Launcher as a force multiplier.
The Samson Dual incorporates an independent commander's sight and operation station to facilitate "hunt-kill" capabilities. It can slew continuously clockwise or counterclockwise over 360° in azimuth, at high slew rates in both azimuth and elevation, while mounting both weapons and full ammunition capacity.
With crew survivability a top priority, RAFAEL's unprecedented under-armor reloading system boosts lethality while maximizing crew protection.
- Mount Type: Dual-axis, gyro-stabilized mounting system for weapons and Sight Pod
- Main weapon: One of the following: 7.62mm; 12.7mm; 14.5mm KPVT; 40mm (AGL); ATK LW 25mm; ATK LW 30mm
- Secondary weapon: One of the following: 5.56mm; 7.62mm; 12.7mm
- Force Multipliers: ATGM Launcher; ASM
- Sight Pod (Day, Night, LRF): Multi-sensor suite with super elevation and lead angle compensation
- Compliance with Environmental Conditions (partial list): MIL-STD-1275; MIL-STD-461; MIL-STD-810; STANAG 2895; EN 60825
- External Interfaces: I/O video channels; RS422/RS485/RS232 comm channels; CAN-BUS comm channel; Ethernet; I/O discrete lines