|Manufacturer:||OTOKAR Otobus Karoseri Sanayi A.S.|
|Product type:||Armoured Vehicles|
|Name:||Wheeled armoured personnel carrier|
ARMA is a new generation modular multi-wheeled vehicle with superior tactical and technical features. Thanks to its superior mobility, high mine and ballistic protection, medium and high caliber weapon system integration options; ARMA is capable to serve modern armies in the real battlefield, peace keeping and human relief operations in most difficult terrain and climatic conditions.
ARMA 8x8 is available in various types of configurations such as Personnel Carrier, Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Mortar Carrier, Mobile Gun Carrier, Short and Medium Range Air Defense, Command Post with optional amphibious capability.
Export of all armoured vehicles subject to requirements of related governments' export licence regulations.
ARMA, being an agile and highly maneuverable platform, can cross over long distances in a wide range of challenging terrains from deserts to arctic conditions.
- State-of-the-art design and engineering
- Low silhouette and compact vehicle size with large internal volume and high payload
- Growth potential for future emerging requirements
- Superior mobility in a wide range of demanding terrains
- Armoured monocoque hull protecting crew against a wide variety of threats
- Engine and power unit located at the right front of the vehicle
- Configurable to carry up to ten troops seated face to face, in addition to the driver and commander
- Ergonomically designed seating for protection and comfort
- Exceptional travel comfort and safety for crew
- Outstanding reliability, long service life and excellent economy
The independent suspension system enhanced with Run Flat Tires, built-in Central Tyres Inflation System (CTIS) and Anti-locking Brake System (ABS) improves ground mobility and ride comfort even over the roughest terrain. Vehicle's mobility is further enhanced with longitudinal and transverse differential locks and the high power to weight ratio coupled with high ground clearance and approach/departure angles.
- Extraordinary mobility in both urban and rural environments
- Proven in various on and off-road conditions under diverse climatic conditions
- Fully independent suspension
- High power to weight ratio
- Power-assisted two-axles steering system providing precise control and easy maneuverability with tight turns
- Central Tyres Inflation System (CTIS) enabling the driver to adjust the tyre pressure while traveling
- Optional amphibious capability
- Powered by a six cylinder, turbo-charged diesel engine that generates high power and extraordinary torque at challenging terrains
- High power to weight ratio
- Superior reliability and maintainability
- Low fuel consumption and operational cost
- Optional amphibious capability by twin propeller drive with joystick control
- Modular ballistic protection, upgradable according to future threats
- Superior ballistic protection against KE projectiles and fragments
- High level of mine protection
- Enhanced protection against RPGs, EFPs, lEDs
- Equipped with Nuclear, Biological and Chemical (NBC) protection solutions
- Specially designed seats preventing body injuries such as head, neck, spinal cord and pelvis
- Five-point seat belt providing safe cruising for the crew
- Suitable for integration of various weapon systems from 7.62 mm up to 105 mm (and also 120 mm mortar)
- Ideal platform for anti-tank or anti-aircraft missile systems
ARMA is designed to meet specific requirements of various customers in modern battlefield, peace keeping and human relief operations.
ARMA is available in various types of mission configurations such as:
- Armoured Personnel Carrier
- Infantry Fighting Vehicle
- Mobile Gun System
- Mortar Carrier
- Command Post
- CBRN Reconnaissance
- Driver Training
- Recovery, etc.
- Integrated slinging and tie-down provisions
- Transportability by rail and sea complying with international standards
- Air transportability by C-130 or larger aircrafts.
- Enhanced Graphical User Interface for the driver to control and monitor subsystems
- Built-in test and on board diagnostic capability with automatic malfunction detection
- Open Software Architecture with capability of expanding for future needs
- Use of Commercially Off-The-Shelf components and subsystems
- Low life cycle cost, Long in-service life
- High reliability, High readiness for battle
- Ease of maintenance
- Training of operating and support personnel throughout the life cycle
Otokar debuts its Light Tank in Paris (19.06.2018)
Rheinmetall ships 200th Puma IFV to the Bundeswehr (05.06.2018)
Otokar to Present ARMA 8x8 in HEMUS 2018 (04.06.2018)
Nexter and Texelis win the lightweight VBMR contract (13.02.2018)