TKN-1SM night sight device is a combined electronic-optical passive and active night vision device. It allows a vehicle commander to observe the road, terrain and other vehicles of its unit in night conditions.
This device is a tank and armored personnel carriers configuration.
- Observation distance of the surveillance object of the tank type in passive mode with contrast of the surveillance object against the background not less than 0.4, transparency of the air not less than 0.7, natural night lighting from 5×10‑3 to 5 lux: not less than 400 m
- Observation distance of the surveillance object of the tank type in active mode when target is illuminated by OU-ZK lamp with infrared filter, with contrast of the surveillance objet against the background not less than 0.4, transparency of the air not less than 0.7: not less than 300 m
- Field of view: not less than 10 degrees
- Exit pupil diameter: not less than 8 mm
- Exit pupil distance: 45±2 mm
- Diopter ocular setting: not less than ±4 diopter
- Periscope line-of-sight height: 200±11 mm
- Limit of resolution in the center of the field of view: not less than 45 lines/mm
- Parallax between object image and the grid image: 0.25 diopters
- DC current electrical power: 27 V
- Power consumption: not more than 6 W
- Overall dimensions: not more than 260×210×320 mm
- Weight: not more than 5 kg