LONDON, UK –- International Armoured Vehicles, Defence IQ’s flagship event for the armoured vehicle community, will take place on the 1st to the 5th February, at the ExCel Centre, London.
A central date in the defence calendar, it attracts international military and industry decision makers – the 2009 event earlier this year saw attendance from over 530 delegates from 41 different nations.
Speakers confirmed to speak in February 2010 include:
- General Peter Chiarelli, Vice Chief of Staff, United States Army
- Lieutenant General Andrew Leslie, Chief of Land Staff, Canadian DND
- Lieutenant General Antonio Gucciardino, General Manager of the Procurement Agency for Land Systems, Italian Army
- Mr. John B. Johns, Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of Defence for Maintenance, US Department of Defense
- Major General Chris Deverell MBE, Director General Logistics Support and Equipment, HQ Land Forces, British Army
- Major General Chris Wilson CBE, Director (Battlespace Manoeuvre), UK MoD
- Right Honourable James Arbuthnot, Chairman of the Defence Select Committee, House of Commons, UK Parliament
- Right Honourable Gerald Howarth, Shadow Defence Minister, UK Parliament
The 2010 armoured vehicle symposium is expanding with a larger exhibition area, so that visitors can touch, feel and experience first hand the products and displays from exhibitors such as Hutchinson, Du Pont, Iveco, Kongsberg, IBD Deisenroth Engineering, Plasan and Saab. Fabrice Parodi, Sales Manager, 01db Metravib commented that “this is a very good opportunity for us to make a lot of contacts with the end users who express their requirements with possible partners in the industry”.
The event provides an opportunity for key stakeholders to meet each other, as well as discuss and attend sessions that examine the latest technologies, future capability requirements, international programme developments, the rapid acquisition, delivery and support of armoured vehicles and international upgrade and life extension programmes. Lieutenant Colonel Greg Burton, Canadian DND commented that “the conference is a good opportunity to share procurement experience, to confirm requirements with allies and industry, and a good opportunity to network and get to know the professionals in the field”.
Participating organisations at International Armoured Vehicles also utilise the opportunity of direct communication with the global armoured vehicle community, in order to gain feedback and insights to further product development.
Visit for further details about the conference.
Head of Marketing
9th Annual International Armoured Vehicles Conference
+44 (0) 207 368 9306
About Defence IQ:
Since 2001 Defence IQ has been helping deliver critical information to senior decision makers in the defence, aerospace and technology sectors, tackling issues relating to the latest defence plans, requirements, programmes and technologies and how they affect you. Defence IQ provides senior military, government and industry representatives with informative conferences in an informal environment, discussing the very latest plans, requirements, programmes and technologies.