Rheinmetall Defence offers an upgrade kit for the Leopard 1/2 Main Battle Tank with a gun-launched laser homing weapon (Lahat). Lahat is a laser homing missile, offered in two basic configurations: gun launched and canister launched. In the gun launched configuration the missile is packaged in a standard tank round cartridge, and is fired out of the tank's gun. The tank launched may be done from 105 mm guns, or using a sabot from 120 mm guns. The missile's small size and weight make it suitable for carry and launch from small plattforms. As a tank launch weapon Lahat adds major new capability to tanks, enabling first shot kill of armoured targets at ranges over 6 km using internal or external target designation.
- Pinpoint accuracy (CEP) less than 0.7 m
- Long stand-off range exceeding 6,000 m
- Fighting against targets beyond line of sight (BLOS)
- Lofted trajectory vs. armoured vehicles or flat vs. helicopter
- Extremely low launch signature
- Immune to all known jamming methods