HMMWV/Hawkeye Howitzer System incorporates advances in protection, payload, suspensions and life-cycle sustainment at an affordable price to meet the unique expeditionary requirements of global customers. It exemplifies the steady evolution of the HMMWV based on customer feedback, battlefield experiences, and innovation. AM General representatives will be on-hand to discuss this innovative vehicle system.
- The 105mm Mobile Weapon System (MWS) is the lightest weight, most highly maneuverable self-propelled howitzer in the world today.
- Hybrid Soft Recoil technology allows weapon to be paired with AM General HMMWV
- Lightweight at less than 2,400 lbs. (1,100 kg)
- Direct fire scope is digital camera in conjunction with the digital fire control
- Most maintenance can be performed at unit level
- Electronically controlled elevation and azimuth work with digital fire control
-Growth potential for all features including a longer caliber cannon
- Reduced maintenance costs due to efficient design