|Manufacturer:||Kazakhstan Paramount Engineering LLP|
|Product type:||Armoured Vehicles|
|Name:||Wheeled armoured personnel carrier|
Barys is the Kazakh version of the name of the armored personnel carrier Mbombe 8 with the configuration 8x8. The vehice was developed by the South African company Paramount Group and is offered in Kazakhstan by the company of Kazakhstan Paramount Engineering, which is joint venture with Kazakhstan Engineering Distribution and Paramount Group.
For the first time the vehicle was presented at the exhibition KADEX 2016 (Kazakhstan).
The Barys is world-leading in its class. It 8 is based on the design of Paramountís Mbombe 6 that employs an innovative new form of construction to give unprecedented levels of protection, while keeping profile to a minimum. The 8x8 also draws on the companyís experience of designing the highly effective and battle-tested Marauder and Matador mine-resistant vehicles.
Key features of the Barys include:
- Gross weight of 28 tonnes and kerb weight of 19 tonnes
- Payload of 9 tonnes which covers weapon system, ammunition, crew and supplies
- Powered by a 6 cylinder engine turbo charged diesel engine
- Six speed automatic transmission
- Max speed of 110km/h
- Operating range: 800 km
- High levels of ballistic and mine protection: ballistic protection: STANAG 4569 Level 3+ and blast protection: STANAG 4569 Level 4a and 4b
- Wide range of turrets and weapon stations can be integrated e.g. the AU-220M remote turret armed with 57mm cannon and a 7.62 mm machine gun
- The cooling systems and driveline have been tested and proven in winter conditions of -55 Celsius and desert conditions of +55 Celsius
- Large internal volume due to position of powerpack