The CNR-2000 Family is a new line of Selenia Communications HF/VHF (1.6 MHz to 60 MHz) multiband ,multirole, multifunction tactical radio communication transceivers embedding within a single package the capabilities for different operational roles in the battlefield.
Operation over the extended 1.6 MHz to 60 MHz frequency range allows short/medium/long haul communications over LOS (Line Of Sight),ELOS (Extended Line Of Sight) and BLOS (Beyond Line Of Sight) links with HF and VHF tactical radios.
The open system,software programmable architecture of the CNR-2000 family allows the expansion/customisation of capabilities to meet specific requirements and a progressive evolution towards future configurations of the 21st Century tactical radio,in line with the requirement for full integration of lower-echelon field units into the Command and Control System.
The CNR-2000 equipment have embedded facilities for operation as elements within radio networks and as radio communication components interfacing with wired communication systems,providing:
- Situational awareness using GPS positioning data
- CNRA (Combat Net Radio
Access) services,such as addressed call facilities between CNR-2000 users and connection to external tactical and infrastructure networks.
EPM protection can be provided by a TRANSEC/COMSEC proprietary scheme implemented as an EPM internal SW module.
STANAG-4444 will be implemented as a future enhancement of the HF EPM capability.
The CNR-2000 Family includes the following equipment:
- SRT-178/M 25W HF/SSB - VHF/FM 10W for manpack use
- SRT-178/VM 25W HF/SSB - VHF/FM 10 W for vehicular installations
- SRT-278/VM 125W HF/SSB - VHF/FM 50 W for fixed/semifixed installations with external High Power Amplifier and Antenna Tuning Unit
The primary role of the SRT-178/M is to operate as a Combat Net Radio in voice/data wireless networks in the Forward Area, providing connection between group members at different levels.
These capabilities mean unconstrained mobility,operational flexibility and quick deployment in the tactical battlefield.
The SRT- 178/VM and SRT-278/VM are primarily intended for deployment in vehicular,sheltered or fixed Command Posts.
All the above three configurations, are built around a common Receiver/Exciter Unit which is associated with:
- a built in RF Power Amplifier suitable for rated RF power level
- a built in Automatic Antenna Tuning Unit capable of matching a wide selection of tactical whip and wire antennas and mounting hardware specific to the type of
The vehicular transceiver is designed for operation from the vehicle's battery while the SRT-178/M is provided with a rechargeable battery pack contained in a battery case secured to the Transceiver package (there is a choice of different battery types).
The user friendly Man Machine interface allows the selection of the operational modes by unskilled personnel on the field.
- Extended frequency band for short,medium and longrange communications
- Backward interoperability with legacy equipment and waveforms used in military and civilian applications
- Exchange of information with correspondents at same and higher hierarchical level
- Packet rerouting to improve net connectivity
- Gateway function to extend communications outside the net
- Embedded TRANSEC/COMSEC facilities for proprietary EPM protection,implementation of STANAG-4444 as growth capability
- Embedded GPS providing positioning data (Situational Awareness) and accurate time on TRANSEC/COMSEC operation
- Embedded multiwaveform modem for data rates up to 9.6kb/s
- Embedded ALE (Automatic Link Establishment) function as per MIL-STD-188-141A
- Third generation ALE in accordance with STANAG 4538 (fast link set up) as growth capability
- HF-HF and VHF-HF rebroadcast capabilities
- Embedded Combat Net Radio Access (CNRA) to Area System
- Selective call
- Stand-by mode retaining all configuration data
- Data Link Protocol STANAG 5066 with HF Email service (SW suite WINDOWS OS based).
- SW Digital Radio Architecture based on a real time operating system and on extensive use of digital DSP (Digital Signal Processing)
- RF Front-End using SMD components
- Easy features upgrading by SW download
- Preplanned Product Improvement
- Software programming/reprogramming interface
- CVSD voice coding
- LPC-10 voice coding
- MELP voice coding as growth capability
- Simplex transmit and receive SSB operation over the HF band,FM over the VHF band
- Incorporated continuous and interruptive BITE facilities for isolation and front panel indication of a faulty module
- User friendly operator interface
- Automatic antenna tuning with memory storage of tuned configurations
- Preset channel operation with 100 prestored channels configurable
- Preset modem configuration with 100 prestored modem profiles
- Local and remote control facilities