|Manufacturer:||Chatten Associates, Inc.|
|Product type:||Vision Devices|
The three-axis Head-Aimed Remote Viewer (HARV) was specifically designed for head-aiming and motion-stabilized applications.
In head-aimed applications, the HARV provides a compelling level of telepresence. DARPA and Army testing shows that the HARV creates a several-fold increase in situational awareness and decision speed. Our head-aimed vision process harnesses the natural visual processing capability of the human mind at an unconscious level. The result is a three to four times increase in mission effectiveness and tele-robotic productivity.
Video is available of tests under DARPA and ARL contracts, measuring this increase in mission performance.
For motion-stabilized applications, there is no smaller, lighter, or less expensive three-axis system with dual camera payload.
- Three-axis gimbal
- Driven by either head aiming or joystick
- Daylight color camera with 36:1 optical zoom (432:1 with digital zoom)
- Night vision camera: ultra-low-lux or 320 x 240 thermal imager
- Visible and infrared laser pointers
- Infrared illuminators
- White light illuminators
- Stereo audio
- Integral data radio, or able to use vehicle’s Ethernet or serial link
- Integral video radio, or able to use vehicle’s video link
- -40 to +60C, under 8 pounds, 6.25 inches in diameter