Nexter Systems have developed the ARX 20 to fill the gap between 0.50 cal (12.7 mm) and 30 mm remote weapon stations. It offers significantly greater firepower and range than the former without the platform limitations of the latter. The system uses the same weapon as the CP 20 armament kit which in turn was developed from an airborne weapon system. Suitable platforms would include HMMWV, VBL and VAB.
The 20mm cannon superior firepower
- Provides stand-offs against heavily gunned asymetric threats.
- Immediate stopping power.
- Destroys light armoured vehicles.
Total crew protection
- all functions (system operation, target detection and fire) are operated under protection.
- Long range effectiveness (up to 2000m)
- Day / night observation over 360°.
- Fire on the move (Gyro-stabilised station)
Easy integration on any carrier and for any mission
- Reduced weight and compactness, low mechanical constraints on the carrier
- Designrd to be integrated on different types of carriers, including light 4x4 vehicles
- Well suited for security missions and for urban area combat