T40 - 40 mm Cased Telescoped Armament System(CTAS)+ ammunition + new generation of turret.
These unmanned or 2-man turrets, protected up to level 5, are designed around an open vetronic architecture and a numerical vision HD which confer them a very important scalability. They allow exceptional operational capacities in free field and urban zone due to a ′carousel′ ammunition handling system allowing immediately available the appropriate ammunition to the mission: firing at high elevation (up to 60°), zone neutralization due to burst firing of the air-bursting ammunition GPR-AB, destruction of all known Infantry Fighting Vehicles due to APFSDS-T ammunition and anti-tank missile.
- Revolutionary rotating breach mechanism,
- Up to 200 rounds per minute rate of fire, single shot, burst and continuous
- Ability to fire over a wide range of elevation (-10°to +75°)
- Ammunition (GPR-AB-T, GPR-PD-T, APFSDS-T, TP-T and TPRR-T)
- Easily integrated minimum intrusion within the turret better stealth profile
- A more powerful weapon than those with similar calibre
- Air Burst –Tracer (GPR-AB-T) for the suppression of forces deployed and dug-in over a wide terrain,
- GPR –Point Detonation –Tracer (GPS-PD-T) for the defeat of reinforced concrete and buildings, the delayed fuzing providing behind barrier effects,
- Armour Piercing Fin Stabilised Discarding Sabot –Tracer (APFSDS-T) providing penetration of up to 140mm RHA therefore defeat of frontal armour for 2nd generation MBT and all current AFVs,
- Target Practice –Tracer (TP-T) and TP Reduced Range –Tracer (TPRR-T).