|Manufacturer:||DENEL (PTY) LTD|
|Product type:||Weapons & Weapon Systems|
|Name:||Automatic grenade launcher|
The 40mm Y3 Automatic Grenade Launcher (AGL) is a left-hand, belt-fed, long-recoil, open-breech grenade launcher with air-cooled barrel, in 40mm x 53mm calibre. The weapon is ideally used as a tripod-mounted support weapon for infantry as a vehicle or tripod mounted weapon, with a nominal rate of fire of 320 rounds per minute.
The weapon operates on a long-recoil principle. This means that the barrel group and the breech block group stay locked for the complete recoil distance of the breech block group. Linked grenades are fed through pawls into an extraction position above the barrel group. The barrel group movement and a cam profile in the feed slide activate the feed pawls. From this position the reciprocating breech block group extractors clips onto the base of the cartridge and extracts the grenade from the belt when the breech block group moves backwards. The grenade is then pushed down to align with the barrel group by means of a cam and follower situated on the right in the rear receiver. Empty cases are ejected through an opening in the bottom of the rear receiver.
- Integrated infantry tri-pod mount
- Ring mount for use on logistic and utility vehicles
- Easily adapted multi pedestal gun mount for use on logistic/utility vehicles, light strike vehicles and naval platforms
- Cupola weapon station mounted on AFV's or IFV's
- Safety, fully locked breech
- Ejection last round empty case
- Compact and lightweight
- Fully integrated tri-pod
- Electronic indirect sight
- Aim point direct sight
- Carrying harness system
- Weapon supplied with user's tools and accessories
- Integrated logistic support
- Compatible with international ammunition
- Weapon Assembly
- Tripod Group
- Direct Sight Group
- Indirect Electronic Sight Group
- Feed Throat
- Registered Equipment and Accessories
- Aiming Post Set
This round is extremely effective against enemy personnel and vehicles under all terrain conditions with lethality radius of 25 meters.
This is a dual purpose round which provides anti-personnel, anti-armour and anti-fortification capability under all terrain conditions. The round can penetrate 50mm of armour plate and 350mm concrete, with a lethality radius of 25 meters.
This round is used during simulated exercises and for normal training purposes. A flash with smoke and a bang is produced on hitting a target, having a practice up to 2 200 meters.
This round is used during simulated exercises and has the same ballistic characteristics as the HE an HE DP rounds.