|Name:||Remote controlled weapon station|
ASELSAN's "Next Generation" ÌÂÒ upgrade solution is equipped with a Stabilized Remote Weapon Station Platform, that enables the tank to defend itself against air and ground attacks and also can be used in urban areas against asymmetric warfare. Depending on warfare requirements, 12.7 mm Heavy Machine Gun, 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher or 7.62mm Light Machine Gun can be interchangeably installed.
RWS is fully integrated with FCS and all the controls are accomplished by the commander by his own FCS user interface. In addition, the RWS can also be controlled by the loader using his own user interface and by RWS's own thermal sight.
The system's optical sight unit includes thermal sight, visible sight and laser range finder and provides user to search, track, measure target range and perform an effective shot in day, night and severe weather conditions.
RWS incorporates advanced features as:
- Interoperability with Next Generation Fire Control System and Laser Warning Receiver System
- Remote operation and firing capabilities,
- Built-in high resolution uncooled Thermal Imager for night operations,
- Day TV Camera,
- Laser Range Finder for accurate ballistic calculation,
- Stabilized turret provides firing capability on the move,
- Automatic target tracking,
- Advanced ballistic computation algorithms,
- Computer based fire control functions
- 360° rotation in azimuth axis and -10° to +60° in elevation axis
- High ammunition storage capability (250 rounds for 12.7 mm ammunition)
- Burst/Fired rounds counter
- Last ammunition warning