|Manufacturer:||NORINCO - China North Industries Group Corporation - CNGC|
|Product type:||Armoured Vehicles|
The ST1 8x8 wheeled tank destroyer is a new Chinese Army addition adding a lightweight, air-transportable response to tank threats on the battlefield.
In 2008 it was revealed that China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) had started to market a new 8×8 wheeled Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) called the VN1. The vehicle was unveiled for the first time to the public during the Defense Exhibition IDEX in 2009.
The ST1 is fitted with a two-man turret armed with a NATO standard 105mm tank gun able to fire a full range of ammunition as APFSDS (Armor-Piercing, Fin-Stabilized, Discarding Sabot), HEAT (High-Explosive Anti-Tank ), HE (High Explosive) and gun-launched missile. A 7.62 mm machine gun is mounted coaxially to the right of the main armament and one 12.7mm machine gun is mounted on the right of turret roof for anti-aircraft defence. Three smoke grenade dischargers are mounted on each side of the turret.
The ST1 is fitted with latest technologies of stabilized firing system with thermal images to perform firing at night and day conditions against mobile or static targets.
A single door is mounted at the rear of the vehicle which is fitted with a small bulletproof window.
- The 105mm tank gun of NATO standard inner bore structure is compatible with NATO standard ammunition
- Bi-direction stabilized digital fire control system combined with aiming and guidance functions enable quick combat reaction, high first-round hit probability, and 360° firing at static or moving targets
- With its large direct firing distance, it can fire high power anti-armour 105mm laser-beaming missiles within a range of 5000m
- Capable of striking against multi-targets, such as effective strength, fortifications and fire positions with HE shells with a range of 10km
- 8x8 wheeled chassis, water-cooled diesel engine with turbo-chargers and charge cooler, H type mechanical drive line, independent suspensions, run-flat tyres, central inflation and deflation system, provides strong mobility
- Completely-sealed armor with add-on composite armor, smoke grenade launchers, fire fighting system, collective NBC protection system and secondary weapons ensures strong field survivability