QN-506 Fire Support Vehicle was developed by Wuhan Guide Infrared and is designed to suppress enemy forces in urban areas and during counterterrorism operations.
The base of the QN-506 is a chassis of Type 59 tank, on which the ZPT99 weapon station is mounted. The crew consists of 3 people - the driver, the commander and the gunner.
The combat weight of the wehicle is 30 tons, while the QN-506 has possibility to upgrade in the future.
Universal ZPT99 weapon station has the following weapons:
- 30-mm automatic gun, similar to the Soviet 2A72 (ammunition of 80 armor-piercing tracer and 120 high-explosive fragmentation projectiles)
- 7.62-mm machine gun ( ammunition of 2000 rounds)
- Two modular launchers with ammunition: 4 QN-502 anti-tank guided missiles with a combined control mode (developed by Wuhan Guide Infrared), which have a range of attack speed and air targets of 6 kilometers, and 20 units of 70-mm QN-201 missiles
- Four S570 missiles, which are located in slanted launchers in the rear of the ZPT99 weapon station.
- Anti-personnel active protection complex
- Counter-sniper fighting devices