Leonardo DRS, based in the United States, is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime defence contractors worldwide. Through the acquisition of DRS Technologies in 2008, Leonardo is one of the most qualified and internationalised global players in defence electronics, with a strong presence in the U.S. market.
With nearly 5,500 employees in 65 facilities in the United States, Canada and locations around the world, Leonardo DRS is a world leader across a range of state-of-the-art technology for military and civilian government customers primarily in the U.S., Canada, Australia, the Middle East and Asia. The Leonardo DRS’ product range is also available in the UK customers through the country’s Tactical Systems team.
Leonardo DRS satisfies customers’ needs in the aeronautical, land and naval sectors through five core areas of capability and hundreds of individual programmes. These core capability areas include:
- Naval Power and Electronics, including programmes for the next-generation U.S. nuclear-powered submarines and aircraft carriers
- Network and Computing, including systems to connect U.S. and Allied ground forces with the most useful tactical information
- Electro-Optic and Infrared Systems, to enable U.S. and Allied forces to “own the night” and use sensor systems to acquire and disseminate operational awareness information
- Combat Support Systems, including aircraft cargo handling and loading systems
- Global Communications, including satellite-based communications for the Armed Forces and civilian agencies.