The EAGLE 6x6 together with the field proven EAGLE 4x4 form a new multi-purpose family of vehicles which fulfil numerous roles. Designed to survive on the battlefield of today and tommorrow, the EAGLE protects against the most aggressive conventional and asymmetric threats.
The EAGLE 6x6 is a compact off-road vehicle driven by a modern 6-cylinder turbo diesel engine. The permanent all-wheel drive is realized with a five-speed automatic transmission and a two stage transfer case.
The running gear features a torsion-resistant frame with suspension struts, De-Dion axles and a patented roll stabilizer. The De-Dion suspension system combines the advantages of independent wheel suspension with those of rigid axles. By means of the patented roll stabilizer, maximum off-road traction is achieved and body roll in curves is eliminated. Differential gearbox and brake system are mounted on the chassis frame and thus form part of the suspended mass, which allows high driving comfort. Since the cabin is well isolated from chassis frame and suspension, the noise level in the cabin is very low, even when driving at high speeds.
Permanent all-wheel drive, automatic Torsen differentials, automatic transmission and an automatic tire pressure control system allow the driver to concentrate fully on driving and the situation at hand without having to worry about the complexities of vehicle functions.
The protected cabin (safety cell) with large internal volume is made of high-strength armored steel. A modular add-on armor made of steel or – for special requirements – made of composite material, offers very high protection against mines, IED and ballistic threats while always maintaining a high payload. The EAGLE 6x6 offers payloads of up to 6’000 kg and protected volumes of up to 16 cubic meters.
The EAGLE family is based on a vehicle concept featuring a basic frame design and a defined interface for attachment of the superstructure. The free upper side of the frame allows the installation of different superstructures while always providing a favorable center of gravity. This makes it easy to realize protected cabins for 2, 4 or 5 crew members in combination with a variety of different load floors or mission modules. Also large capacity protected cabins are available for Troop carriers, Ambulance variants, Recovery vehicles and many more specialized variants.
- Vehicle information system
- Electrically heated bullet proof glass
- Self locking differential
- De-Dion axles with wheel hub gear, patented roll stabilizers
- Air brakes over hydraulic disc type with ABS
- Tires 365/80R20 (option 335/80R20)
- Electrically welded high hardness armour steel plates with provisions for add-on armour and mine protection kits
- Ballistic and mine protection: according to STANAG 4569, AEP55 certifed
- Other ballistic and mine protection solutions available on request IED protection solutions
- Central tire infation system (CTIS)
- Fire suppression systems (crew and engine compartments)
- Customer specifc C4ISTAR-, Weapon- and other systems
- Customer specifc roof and cargo module confgurations