Wojskowe Zakłady Mechaniczne was established in Siemianowice Slaskie in 1952 and since then is strongly involved in overhauls, modernization and special Production for necessity of Armed Forces.
Works history has started in 1855 when the factory established by WILHELMA FITZNERA in order to be a locksmith began the Production of transportation equipment. His son, also WILHELM FITZNER who was Royal Commercial Advisor "Königlicher Kommerzienrat" started to modernize his workshop. The opening took place in 1870 as the Kettle Smithy. Besides of kettles production it also produced bridges and other steel constructions elements.
As first in Europe it started the Production of elements welded out of steel sheets welded, by introducing the water – gas welding method - Wassergasschweissen.
Since 1874 factory specialized in Production of modern types of steam kettles which were used within chemical industry as well as Merchant Marine and Navy.
In 1920 W. FITZNER’s factory and Mr. ZIELENIEWSKI joined and commonly established "FITZNER Gamber ZIELNIEWSKI" company with subsidiary in Sosnowiec. At the beginning of XX century company was built up and production profile was extender to steam and oil steel kettle and kettle fittings.