Punj Lloyd has established itself as a credible player for defence equipment, focusing on state of the art technology. The objective is to indigenously develop genuine force multipliers that will contribute to providing a decisive edge to the Indian Armed Forces and to develop capability and infrastructure which can be effectively leveraged for defence programs.
The Group has a multi pronged defence strategy with an objective to:
- Become a supplier of choice to the Indian armed forces
- Be a preferred partner for transfer of technology from Global primes by setting up manufacturing facilities in India
- Be a part of the global defence equipment supply chain
- Undertake maintenance, repair and overhaul of defence equipment
- Work in partnership with Global Primes to meet offset requirements as per the Indian Defence Procurement Procedure
Punj Lloyd has the capability to deliver innovative systems and solutions for applications that range from Land System to Aerospace. Our core competencies are aligned with the current and future needs of customers, with a focus on the Indian Armed forces.
Punj Lloyd Group is amongst the select few private companies that were granted licences by the Government of India for :
- Manufacture of guns, rockets, artillery and missile systems
- Manufacture of electro optical systems, fire control systems, ICT and power packs associated with armoured fighting vehicles (Tanks & ICVs)
- Manufacture and assembly of anti tank/anti material weapons to include hand held rocket launchers and weapons of 12.7 mm caliber and above
- Design, development, manufacture, assembly, overhaul and upgrade of armoured fighting vehicles, other armoured combat vehicles and unmanned ground vehicles including associated systems like turrets, turret mounts and armaments
- Assembly and manufacture of small arms
Agreements are in place with leading Global Primes for collaboration in Indian programs for a wide range of products - artillery systems, air defence gun systems, A-vehicle technology, assault rifles and carbines