|Manufacturer:||DURO DAKOVIC Special Vehicles|
|Product type:||Armoured Vehicles|
|Name:||Modernization of the vehicle|
Philosophy of open architecture, as a capital MBT T-72 eminence, enables full combining autonomy. Final tank structure could be defined according to specific user requests, dependable of compatibility, interoperability, operational-tactical, climatic and other requests. Selection between several options, mutually different in sophistication, technical characteristics and parameters, brings out a new and recognizable approach. All idea is concetrated in 5 keywords:
• Fire power enhacement
• Mobility upgrading
• Protection improvements
• Factory support
- Panoramic observation, identification, recognition & target selection in all weather conditions
- All FCS functions overtaking
- MG 12.7 remote control
- Battlefield Management System
- Supervision on all tank functions
- reliable and simply managing with driving functions
- terrain surveying in all weather conditions
- supervision on all hull functions
- Fire control system OMEGA-D
- Thermal gunner’s sight TSGS
- New generation VHF-HF communication equipment
- Digital Intercom & mobile terminals
- New generation Lasers Warning System
- NATO compatible NBC detector
- Fire-extinguishing system
- Driver’s Panel (Hull Management System)
- Engine & Transmission Protection System
- Improved tracks with rubber pads (M-84)
- New batteries (MIL, heavy duty)
- Automatic battery charger (internal-external)
- Air-conditioning & Heating System
- SONG-84: Fire training & supervision
- “Hunter-Killer” capability
- All-electric gun & turret drives
- Additional Explosive Reactive Armor
- Additional mine protection
- Improved reliability (MTBF & MTTR)
- NATO Inter-operability
- Optical Pod: Panoramic observation, Day & Thermal Channel and Laser Range-Finder
- Commander Take-over System
- Remote-controlled, deck-mounted MG 12,7mm
- Battlefield Management System (option)
TSGS represents the essential part of the latest upgrade of T-72 tanks with a modern fire control and night vision equipment. TSGS is a day/night observation and aiming device with a laser rangefinder built in the day optics and with an electrically driven top mirror, stabilized by means of gyro signals from the original tank stabilizer. Thanks to an integral thermal camera with a 3rd generation FPA detector operating in 3-5 mm spectral band (Detector 320 x 256 FPA HgCdTe array), it offers a night vision capability, yet unprecedented on any T-series tank.
Full fire capability at day/night and in poor visibility conditions.
Firing-on-the-move with stabilized gunner’s field of view and gun independent aiming line. High first round hit probability and short engagement time. Modular design. Stabilized gunner’s laser sight with day and night channel.
FCS enables the commander to override all the gunner’s controls with NEW-COMTOS takeover set to perform observation, target tracking, ranging, target selection and gun/machine gun firing.
Protection system, designated as SZ-2000, is intended to protect the crew, vehicle and other equipment. It includes NBC detection and protection and fire extinguishing.The SZ-2000 allows better protection system functionality, self-control and communication with other devices in the tank. All data are shown on driver’s panel display.The higher level of modernization includes protection system, designated SZ-2000 AE, which involve anti-explosion subsystem.
Laser Irradiation System reduces vulnerability to the laser associated weapons such as laser rangefinders, laser designators, AT laser-guided-missiles and indirect radiation.
The basic system consists of two units: detector unit with direct and indirect module and indicator unit which processes signal and indicates direction of irradiation and laser threat characterization.The Laser Irradiation System enables automatic discharging of smoke grenades from a tank.
Time delay between detection and discharge allows the commander to cancel automatic smoke discharging.The higher level of modernization includes Laser Irradiation System integrated with multipurpose discharges.
Front plate and sides of hull, as well as exposed turret parts are fitted with explosive reactive armour. Added-on armour improves enhanced protection against anti-tank shaped charge warheads.Integrated Hull Management System inspects and controls all systems in tank. It also enables tank condition data transfer to central command by radio data communication.
Deflecting plates under driver’s position absorb effects of land mines. Driver’s seat and all pedals are suspensed and mounted on roof. Deformations of hull bottom don’t have impact on driver. Crew rescuing set is intended to use crew for tank deep fording, tank flooding and evacuation.
Improved suspension system has direct influence on fire control system and better cross country characteristics.Tracks M-84 with rubber pads doesn’t need any changes in track system on T-72. Rubber pads allow easier steering and decrease noise. NATO compatible tracks increase steering possibilities and better cohere characteristics, specially on hard soils. Design allows low life cycle costs and easy handling, as well as long service life.
Turbo-charged diesel engine, with gross power 1000 HP is optimal solution for all versions of MBT T-72. It is well proven in hundreds of M-84 tanks in Croatia and Kuwait. Specific power increases from 18.6 to 23.8 HP/ton, which is significant improvement and gives enough potential for other tank modifications. Higher level of modernization includes engines with 1200 HP, with or without automatic transmission.
These changes allow summarization of all improvements and upgrades.
Driver’s control panel RPV-2000 is intended for control:
- power supply & distribution
- short circuit protection
- engine and gear protection
- communication with other systems
Integrated Hull Management System inspects and controls all systems in tank. It also enables tank condition data transfer to central command by radio data communication.
MCS-01 is versatile programable device with great number of inputs/outputs and possibility of connection in network with other systems.
Protects engine and transmission caused by unconscientiously handling of the driver during engine starting:
• Wtihout pre-lubricating of the engine
• Without pre-heating of the engine cooling liquid on low outside temperature.
And defects during driving:
• Lubrication systems of the engine
• Lubrication systems of the transmission
• Cooling system of the engine
• Engine overturn
The device works in two modes: „on“ in case of training mode & „off“ in case of combat activities. In case device is in „on“ mode, and driver's misshandling of the start-up procedure, the system overrides the driver's actions and strictly follows start-up procedure and prevents possible engine - transmission damages.
To protect the tank engine and transmission of mentioned damages, it is necessary to stop the engine, what is performed by implementation of engine protection device which will stop the engine and signalize condition to the driver with sound and light, and other crew only sound. The engine cannot be started again until all reasons for stopping the engine are removed.
Charger is intended for forming, loading and checking of tank batteries. It is full automatic and prevents users faults .
Charger can be installed as a tank equipment - inside the tank, enabling charging of the batteries without dismounting, or as an accessory.
- Power supply: 220 V / 50 Hz
- Loading current: 10A/20A and 20A/40A
- Loading voltage: 12V and 24V