|Manufacturer:||Israel Aerospace Industries - IAI|
|Product type:||Auxiliary Equipment|
MINE BLAST RESISTANT SEAT
Based on three decades of experience in Aviation Crashworthy Seats.
- Seat orientation: Fwd/aft facing or side facing
- Accomodated to fully equipped trooper - Up to 95% percentile.
- Equipped with comfort cushions for long rides and poor road conditions
- Protects seated occupants from mine blasts resulted in high acceleration above 100gfs in time frame of less than 8 msec.
- Energy absorption system (EAS) based on plastic deformation principle, for wide range of population [ from 5 % percentile female to 95% percentile male]
- Service life - 15 years
- Fire retardant materials
- Energy Absorbing Systen [EAS] technology tested by Weapons Material Division of the American Army Research Lab (ARL).
- Easy re-configuration between fwd/aft and side facing
- Minimum parts - high reliability
- Special cushions provide comfortable seating for poor road conditions.
- The seat materials are of fire retardant characteristics tested to the requirements of the aviation standards : FAA - FAR Part 25.853
- Low weight: Up to 25 Kg.
- The seat is scalable for different vehicles; may need to use a different adaptor for variations in vehicle design.
- The EAS System is designed to be activated by the vertical load applied by the occupant on the seat pan as a result of mine blast.
- The seat is designed to sustain lateral loads resulted by side blast.