|Manufacturer:||NORINCO - China North Industries Group Corporation - CNGC|
|Name:||Remote controlled weapon station|
CS/AA5 is 40 mm Cased Telescoped Ammunition Multi-Purpose Assault Gun Weapon System.
The weapon system is deployed to light mechanized forces for quick reaction operation. It can carry infantry for independent combat missions, and perform mobile offensive and defensive missions accompanying assault equipment. It can destroy lightweight armored targets and fortifications within 3000 m, suppress and eliminate firing point and effective strength within 4000 m, damage main battle tank within 2800 m, and provides certain air-attack capability. It is widely applied for such tasks as troop deployment, material transportation, counter-terrorism, riot control and urban combat, etc.
Its firepower subsystem consists of 40 mm cased telescoped ammunition auto gun, HJ-73D anti-tank missile, 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun and lb mm smoke grenade launcher. Ammunition applicable include CS/BTE3 40 mm cased telescoped HE projectile and CS/BAA3 40 mm cased telescoped APFSDS.
- Fierce firepower (penetration of 130 mm RHA/1000 m) against all lightweight armored vehicles.
- Dual-purpose applications for both ground-to-air and ground-to-ground combat
- Various types of ammunition can be used and quickly interchanged to deal with different targets and enables rapid response.
- Compact structure increases space in the chassis and improves carrying capacity.
- Adopts modular design for easy fitting onto IFV, recon vehicle and assault vehicle, etc.