Compact Lightweight Armored Weapon Station
Kollmorgen’s Compact Lightweight Armored Weapon Station (CLAWS®), integrated and tested by the US Army Tank Automotive and Armaments Command (TACOM) is a remotely controlled, 2 axis platform for minor caliber weapons.
The system comprises four units; Gun Mount, Electronic Support Unit, Remote Control Unit, and Interconnecting Cables. It is supplied as a complete system minus the weapons and ammunition cans. CLAWS® COAX allows target viewing, slewing and firing of two weapons from within the vehicle or ship with minimum interference to the crew member’s operational space. Back-up operation in the local mode is available and similar to existing weapon operation.
- Remote firing of weapons from inside the vehicle
- Accommodates standard 7.62 and 40mm stabilized or local weapons
- Provides improved hit probability
- Installation effort minimal
- No major vehicle modifications required
- Minimum impact to crew space
- Compact-Lightweight: <150 lbs/68 kg
- Sensors: Day imaging CCD television cameras and thermal weapon sight
- Light Armored Vehicles (4, 6 & 8 wheeled)
- M113 Armored Personnel Carriers
- Patrol Boats and Fast Attack Craft
- Remotely Controlled Perimeter Defense