|Manufacturer:||Steyr Motors GmbH|
|Product type:||Engine and Systems|
|Name:||Auxiliary power unit|
The STEYR MOTORS 2 cylinder horizontal parallel twin Diesel engine is a very unique design supporting the most compact and lightweight DC generator available.
The core engine is based on the robust STEYR MOTORS Ml Monoblock design which has a long history in the Light Commercial, Marine and Military markets. Satisfied customers all over the world trust in the STEYR MOTORS Monoblock engine family.
Voltages and Power Outputs:
- 28Vdc (17 kW)
- 48Vdc (22 kW)
- 96Vdc to 600Vdc (25 kW)
The ultra compact engine features direct injection, turbo charging, and an integrated intercooler (optional) enabling efficient operations at high altitudes and hot ambient temperatures.The STEYR 2 cylinder Monoblock engine incorporates a unique mass balancing system enabling a smooth operation by counter balancing the movement of the pistons The combination of unique features provides this engine with the lowest specific fuel consumption and heat rejection
- High ICE efficiency for higher range and/or lower fuel capacity
- Multi fuel capability (Jet A, Jet A I, DIN EN 590) with no power loss
- Small packaging dimensions due to horizontal/vertical angled Monoblock installation
- Fully mass balanced due to a unique patented balancing system Smooth diesel engine operation
- Low weight
- High durability - With a MTBO of 20.000hrs
- Fast engine heat-up for low fuel consumption and quick power response
- Altitude Performance due to the turbo charger
- Easy maintainable
- A unique solution for multi purpose use
- Compact and lightweight
- Low Maintenance and High Reliability
- NdFeB Magnets for high efficiency
- 32 pole high frequency design provides low electrical ripple
- Direct engine mount for compact design
- Anodized type III process for aluminum parts
- IP classification (controller) IP67
- Polar Power s 100% permanent magnet alternator has no bearings, couplings, brushes, slip rings, or rotating fields so there are no alternator parts to wear out.
- Each Polar Power stator lamination stack is fully bonded to create a stator without voids which prevents moisture penetration, corrosion, and swelling.
- The steel magnet ring and magnets are 100% Nickel plated.The magnets are bonded with high temperature aerospace epoxy, then epoxy painted to further seal the surfaces. This provides excellent salt fog corrosion resistance.
- The magnets are mounted on the inside of the ring so there are no centrifugal forces pulling against the epoxy bonds.
- There are no electronic parts (diodes, etc.) or electrical connections inside the alternator.There is nothing to short or vibrate loose inside the alternator.
- Alternator MTBF exceeding 100,000 hours as there are no parts which rub, wear, or overheat under normal operating conditions
GD Awarded $23 M for Buffalo Vehicle Upgrades (25.03.2015)
Textron Completes Phase II ASV Reset Program (26.03.2010)