The RG21 combines the battle proven protection and quality of the RG series of armoured vehicles with the maturity and availability of commercially available host vehicle components such as driveline, running gear, dashboard and electronics.
The result is a highly protected vehicle at a very cost effective price, available as a left or right hand drive variant with modular interior and serviceable throughout service centres worldwide.
- Proven quality and reliability with a wide range of options based on the large amount of commercially of the shelf (COTS) items used in all the automotive sub-systems
- All aspects of the Value Chain are embedded in the system design which includes design for cost, manufacturability and supportability
- Spacious driver and co-driver area with adjustable steering and excellent visibility
- The vehicle can be easily re-configured for different missions due to the modular interior layout facilitated by the rail mounting system allowing repositioning of seats, radio racks, stretcher brackets and C4I equipment
- A standard CANNBUS electrical system is fitted allowing easy to maintain diagnostics
- Can be air transported in a C130 (with preparation)
- The roof interface can be configured for various weapon systems such as a manual turret, remote turret, smoke launchers, cupola or seated one man turret
- Rear Mounted Spare wheel and side winch
- Ballistic protection: 7.62x51 mm NATO and 7.62x39 mm AK, 5.56x45mm SS109 Ball
- Mine protection: 21 kg TNT @ any wheel and 14 kg TNT under the hull without any hull rupture or fatal crew injuries