|Product type:||Auxiliary Vehicles|
|Name:||Robot, Unmanned Vehicle|
Powerful, modular and combat-ready, theDSCN1242gray muzzle Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System (MAARSŪ) is an unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) designed specifically for reconnaissance, surveillance, and target acquisition (RSTA) missions to increase the security of personnel manning forward locations. MAARS can be positioned in remote areas where personnel are currently unable to monitor their security and can also carry either a direct or indirect fire weapon system.
- Active force protection
- Field proven
- Hostile fire and localization system
- Force application features
- Simple operation
- Day and night cameras
- Motion detectors
- Acoustical microphone
- Loud speaker with siren
- Multiple safety features
- Power management
How it works Agile and combat-ready, MAARS keeps warfighters at a safe distance from enemy fire while effectively executing their security missions. MAARS enables the remote emplacement of RSTA sensors into critical locations up to several kilometers away providing early warning while enabling immediate response if required.
MAARS can be positioned in remote areas where personnel are currently unable to monitor their security, and can also carry either a direct or indirect fire weapon system.
Remotely controlled by an operator equipped with a lightweight, wearable, control unit, MAARS features multiple on-board day and night cameras, motion detectors, an acoustic microphone, a hostile fire detection system, and a loud speaker system with siren to provide optimum situational awareness and alarm.
MAARS can even provide multiple options for the escalation of force when required by the Rules of Engagement (ROE), from non-lethal lasers dazzlers and audio deterrents, to less-than-lethal grenades, to lethal fires from the grenade launcher or the medium machine gun. MAARS is also extremely safe and tamper proof as it can be operated only when receiving properly coded instructions from its operator.
Rugged and robust, MAARS offers unmatched modularity combined with the unique ability to remotely position advanced sensors and force application tools to greatly enhance the security of forward bases and outposts:
- Advanced tele-operated remote weapons platform, providing Reconnaissance, Surveillance, and Target Acquisition (RSTA), non-lethal, lesslethal, and lethal effects
- Warfighter-in-the-loop, commanding all actions at all times
- Provides remote options to commanders for reconnaissance, assaults, ambushes, hostage rescue, forced entry, booby-trapped areas, detainee riots, site security, improvised explosive device detection and defeat, forward operating base entry points
- Operating weight: up to 350 lbs when all sensors, weapons, and ammunition are carried
- Easy-to-learn wearable control system
- Operating Range well over 1 kilometer from operator
- Turret-mounted sensors and optional weapons
- Unibody frame with easy battery and electronics accessibility
- Large payload bay for additional capabilities
- High torque motors for faster cross country ground speeds and improved braking
- Batteries last 3-12 hours based upon mission activities, with integrated sleep mode to save battery power lasting up to a week
- Redundant safety features and diagnostics
First MAARS Robot Shipped to U.S. Miltary (05.06.2008)
New 'Transformer-like' Robotic Platform Unveiled (11.10.2007)